A very interesting course that will comprise:
• A short talk and slide show covering the activity and life cycle of honey bees
• Components of the beehive and different types of hives
• Choosing a suitable site for your hives/apiary
• Important plants for foraging bees throughout the year
• Spring and summer management- including swarm control and colony increase
• Visit to site apiary: a chance to meet the bees (spring & summer courses only)
• Removal of honey crop, visit to honey extraction rooms with explanation of processes involved in extraction of honey.
• Preparation for winter season
Bee suits will be provided. Please bring your own wellington boots.
1 DAY, £95
Dates: 14th & 28th of May / 11th & 25th of June / 2nd & 16th of July / 6th & 20th of August
Times: 10am-12:30pm + 1:30pm-4pm
Tutor: Brian Pool
Contact email@example.com or call : 0744 357 3351 for more information or to make a booking.
Beekeeping / Candle Making (bee wax)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call : 0744 357 3351 for more information.